Friday, September 2, 2011

finally friday

It's already the second week of school.  After a few growing pains the boys are finding a good rhythm in their classes.

And I'm already uninspired and unimaginative with their lunch box meals.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Please tell me I'm not the only one.


I love the idea of sending things like roasted miso eggplant or smashed sweet potatoes and goat cheese for the boys to eat. However, my boys would cry and complain and probably try to form a rebellion if I sent anything that remotely looked like the photo above.

Finding the house quiet after the constant energy that our Summer brought has left me feeling a little bit adrift.  So, I have decided to take an online art class.  I feel like it's time for me to be creative again.  :)

I also started reading Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman.  What a gift it has been.  I feel like it is my story.  Like those are my words, written by the hand of a stranger. If your interested you can read the first chapter here.


What does your Friday look like?  Do you have any fun plans for the holiday weekend?

amelia

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Grace for the Good Girl is a good read, though I knew it would be with Emily writing it! My labor day was spent biking, baking, and resting... awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete