Saturday, February 12, 2011

nutella pretzel sandwiches

I spent the day making chocolates for a Chocolate Lover's Festival. With a name like that how could I not participate?

It's a great fundraiser that supports several organizations in the community. Unlimited chocolate for a minimal fee and for a good cause. I'm a sucker for a good cause, especially if there is food involved. :)

I seriously underestimated the time involved in making 100+ pretzel sandwiches. Or the mess. There is not a surface area in my kitchen right now not covered in chocolate!

Willy Wonka would be jealous.

But, it was definitely worth the effort.

They are delicious and bite sized which, turns out, is a lethal combination. Before I knew it, I had popped three or four of these little treats in my mouth!

Then we had to do quality control. :)

Want the recipe?

Nutella Pretzel Sandwiches
alternate title: bite sized deliciousness
1 large bag mini pretzels
jar Nutella (I used 2.5 jars)
chocolate melting wafers
unlimited free time
dishwasher and house-keeper would also be a wise investment;)

It's just as simple as it sounds. Smear Nutella between two pretzels. Do this x100...freeze for about 30 minutes to "set up."
Take them out of the freezer and dip in the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper to dry.
This would be a perfect Valentine's Treat.
Question of the Day:
Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? I think I've reached my limit. Next week it's nothing but salads and green smoothies for me!
amelia
linky party

23 comments:

  1. Mu grandkids are coming over this week-end and I think we'll try these. Imagine that mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look yummy! but do you use salted pretzels? over here we just have the salted ones and I'm not sure if these are the right ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound wonderful! Anything with nutella, chocolate, and pretzels is an instant winner in my book. I also love that you can make as many or as few as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm. I would never say there is too much chocolate. Especially when you have something like that with the bite of pretzel and yummy nutella. Those look so tasty - AND professional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - they look delicious and so perfect!
    Nutella and pretzels are the best combination ever!
    Happy Saturday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, yum. I love dipping pretzels in nutella and this recipe is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm mmmm mmm!

    Do you recommend any brand of melting chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You only had 3 or 4?!!! I would have had a dozen by the time all was said and done :D I love Nutella and pairing it with pretzels and chocolate is sheer genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds amazing!! Being pregnant, Im sure I can eat all hundred ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! Pretty much anything that has nutella is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These bite size treats sound delicious and perfect for munching! I'm sure I have too much chocolate, every week/day! :P But I don't think I can resist, pretzel+Nutella+chocolate!!!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see how these would take time and create a mess but I am going to guess that they were worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!!! Nutella! I am in! Cute and simple on top it I am definitely in!!!THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I jusy found my love for Nutella this year and im so sad I didnt find this stuff sooner! its awesome! can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a big fan of anything nutella :) I am your newest follower!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks absolutely delicious, just bought a new thing of nutella!!

    The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amelia, I'd like to feature this recipe and your blog tomorrow on FTLOB Tasty Tuesday. Is that ok? I'm going to assume yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi new friend :)

    i made those the other day! the guys absolutely LOVED them. but it was indeed quite a messy affair to produce them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUUUUMMMM!!! I'm adding this to my Tuesday To-Do post next week!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chocolate and pretzels? Yes please!

    I'm hosting a weekly link up for sweet-inspired recipes. I hope you stop by and link up. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/17/chocolate-chip-toffee-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum, these definitely sound like my kind of treat. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete