Thursday, April 7, 2011

zucchini gnocchi says I love you

I was on the computer the other night trying to find a recipe for strawberry trifle...different recipes kept catching my eye and I would click on them.

Before you know it I was sliding down a virtual rabbit hole and this is what I found at the other end:

Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons and Parsley Brown Butter
(I would love to give credit but can't remember where I got it)

1 pound store bought gnocchi
2 Tbs butter
2 medium shallots
3 zucchini (cut into thin ribbons)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 c. chopped parsley

Put butter into large pan on medium heat.  when butter is melted add shallots and cook until they are soft and translucent then add zucchini ribbons, salt, and nutmeg. at this point I added a few Tbs. of water and put the lid on the pan to steam the zucchini this will take about 5-6 minutes.  add tomatoes and keep on heat until they start to burst (about 1-2 minutes).  add Parmesan and parsley and take off the heat.

In the meantime, get a large pot of boiling water ready for the gnocchi.  it will only take a few minutes for the pasta to cook. when they float to the top they are done.

Add gnocchi to the zucchini mixture and be prepared to wow your husband. :)  Spencer was so impressed with this dish that he couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was!

Enjoy!

amelia

linky party

4 comments:

  1. Amelia, that gnocchi looks o very very good. I'll have to try this. I know what you mean about the rabbit hole. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gnocchi! And that is a great new way to serve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made gnocchi myself although I love it. This sounds great paired with veggies.....I'll have to remember this when the summer farmer's markets are full of humungous zucchini & summer squash. This would make a great Friday-during-Lent meal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Amelia,
    My "Honey Bunny" has just come in and is looking over my shoulder at your wonderful dish, we are both drooling! Your Zucchini Gnocchi is outstanding and I am being told that we need to have it on the menu really soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete