Monday, April 18, 2011

office space redesign

Spencer has been bringing a lot of work home and we have decided that we need a more practical office space than what we have right now.

Our living room and office area are combined and I think this corner desk would suit nicely.

I love using baskets as storage.

I love the slip-covered chair with the monogram.

I love the natural fiber jute rugs but think that I would like the softer feel of the chenille/jute.

I love the nautical architectural element of these lamps.

I think this piece would look great on the opposite wall to help balance everything out and I love the color but Spencer took one look and said NO...so I'm thinking the creme brulee color shown below.


Now all I need are window treatments, wall hangings, accent pieces etc...

I have to tell you that I'm not very good with the details.

Does anyone have any ideas?

amelia

photos from pottery barn and layla grayce

5 comments:

  1. How funny! I literally just did some recent posts about redesigning my own office/spare bedroom! I love all of your ideas, especially the corner desk and the chairs. I'm still looking for the perfect chair. You should go have a looksie and see if you find any inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those elements and can't wait to see what you do with the space!

    Hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all of those ideas...I especially love that teal piece, I am sorry Spencer doesn't :-/

    All those other things go together so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! I love your ideas....especially the piece that your husband doesn't like. It all looks so fresh and clean. I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey
    please tell me where you found the corner desk? I love it, your room looks fab!

    ReplyDelete