Thursday, May 5, 2011

lovely date day

Yesterday Spencer and I went to a cooking class.

Before our youngest son left for school he asked if we were going on our wedding.

Uhh, you mean date?

Yes, are you going on your date today?

I could eat him up, I love him so. :)

Anyway, we went to the culinary school at Silver Dollar City (I DO hear you snickering behind your hand) :)

Before you judge...it's not all deep fried and smothered in gravy!  Check out the schedule here.


After that we stopped by a gourmet food store. Yum.

Before we went into the store I asked Spencer what the limit was.  He replied:  $200?  In the form of a question.

I hate being the voice of reason.

Anyway, we foraged through the store and found enough for a lovely supper of cheese, crackers, olive tapenade, smoked salmon, wine and dark, dark chocolate.

We rounded the day out by helping the boys write a haiku for their teachers for teacher's week.

And then we planted our little vegetable garden (more on that to come).

What a great day!

amelia


2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend:
    That does sound like the perfect day - time with your hubby, delicious food, wine, chocolate, time with your cutie pies!
    I would love to take a cooking class with my husband....I'll have to remember that great idea!
    xoLisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an absolutely awesome wedding I mean date night! I hope you get to go on a picnic to eat some of those delicious wares :)

    ReplyDelete