Monday, March 14, 2011

coconut corn soup

The rain is pounding down with a vengeance.  I was supposed to work at the hospital today but they called and told me to stay home because the census is low.

I was not looking forward to the hour commute on the dark, curvy roads in the pouring down rain!

Now, I can think of other things...like what we are going to eat today. :)

I always like soup on a rainy day don't you?

Photo by: myrecipes.com

Nearly Instant thai Coconut Corn Soup (not loving the title, but I wasn't consulted)
soup adapted from a recipe found in Vegan Express by Nava Atlas

1 tbls. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced
1 med red bell pepper
2 14 oz. cans light coconut milk
11/2 cups almond milk
1 16 oz. bag frozen corn
2 tsp. red curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
heat oil garlic and white part of scallions for 2-3 minutes. add all other ingredients except salt and pepper. bring to a rapid boil. then simmer for 5 minutes. salt and pepper. serve.

I love this vegan soup!

Enjoy.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite meal on a rainy day?

amelia

Linky Party

9 comments:

  1. I have to say I have never cooked with coconut milk before and am interested in giving this a try! It does sound good! My favorite meal on a rainy day....hmmmm...good question....a big bowl of soup would definitely be in the running - something warm and comforting! Would you link up to Mangia Mondays? I'd love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup on a rainy day! And your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut milk and I think it would be awesome with corn, especially fresh corn. This looks like my kind of soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to have all of these ingredients. This just might be dinner. Thanks for the idea. Visting from Mangia Monday...I'm following you now.
    ~Camilla
    http://culinary-adventures-with-cam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh this looks amazing! and I have corn in my freezer :)
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/gk3GYr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cooking with coconut milk and this recipe is certainly one to try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious and nearly instant, hello! where have you been all my life?

    I love any hearty soup on a cold day, preferably with warm bread to sop it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amelia, this sounds sooooo good! We love anything "Thai" around here. I'm going to save this one to try really soon. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Candace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE lasagna on rainy days for some reason...I also love soup. Especially thai curry soups! Sounds like a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete