Thursday, March 17, 2011

egg salad sandwiches

Hello Spring!

Hello sunshine and 70 degree weather!

Hello bike rides and long walks...we have missed you. :)

My husband brought home two dozen farm fresh eggs a few days ago.

I guess the chickens are enjoying this weather too and are producing eggs like crazy!!

Anyway, I have been trying to think of things I can make with eggs and yesterday I made this:

Egg Salad Sandwiches

6 hard boiled eggs (peeled and chopped)
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. chopped dill pickles
1 tsp. honey mustard
1/2 tsp. sea salt
fresh ground pepper
paprika to taste

I don't like a lot of flavors fighting for dominance in my egg salad.  I generally like to keeps things simple which is usually a fight with Spencer who's motto is more is better!

This made a perfectly delicious sandwich that the whole family loved.

Question of the Day:
What should I do with all of the eggs?  Anyone have any good recipes?

amelia

linky party

7 comments:

  1. Mmm that looks delicious! I love farm fresh eggs--did yours come in all different colors (speckled, green, blue, brown)...I love when I find eggs in a rainbow of natural colors :)

    Maybe make bread pudding or a custard that calls for lots of eggs?!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amelia,
    Just look at your beautiful Egg Salad. Your recipe looks delicious. Your photo's make me want one of those sandwiches right now, I wish I could just reach through this screen and have that sandwich! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That egg salad looks like a wonderful lunch...especially with Spring strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm love egg salad! Sounds delicious!

    Have a great weekend!

    Stopping by from FTLOB's Weekend Wander :)
    http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby will thank you for this Egg Salad recipe!
    You're so lucky you have farm-fresh eggs nearby. Omelettes? Chocolate torte? Quiche? Those are my eggy ideas for this morning.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with you~simple is better when it comes to egg salad sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete