Thursday, March 24, 2011

dreaming of travel

Three more weeks until our trip to Dallas to visit our friends!!  I love to go on trips, don't you?

They live in Frisco TX and I have been online all mornings obsessing over where to stay, where to eat, and what to do.  I LOVE google. :)

I did take a lunch-time break to make a salad for myself.  I loaded it up with veggies and fried and egg for on top.  I made my homemade honey mustard dressing and also fried a circle of parmesan cheese.

Have you ever fried cheese before?

It's so easy!

Put a medium sized pan on medium heat and sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese into a circle cookie cutter (or just free form) onto your pan.  When it starts to bubble up and brown flip it over and let it brown on the other side.


Pretty. Easy. Yummy.

amelia

5 comments:

  1. What a delightful addition to salad! I have never fried cheese before. I have never even thought of doing so...but how wonderful it must be!

    xx,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some fried cheese at a wedding we attended this fall--they formed it into a bowl and served the salad for that course in it.

    Pretty fancy stuff!

    Any idea how I would make it bowl-shaped? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never fried cheese~where did you get that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to do this but never have, I will have to make sure I do now you make it sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete