Thursday, January 20, 2011

banana-mana-bo-bana

I have always hated bananas. I realize that "hate" is a strong word but it really is the best one that I can use to describe the strong aversion that I have to the taste, smell and texture of bananas.

Until 3 weeks ago.

Three weeks ago I woke up and thought: I want banana and almond butter toast.

So I made one.

And I have been eating them almost every morning since (I think I just heard a collective gasp of surprise from all of my family and friends). :)


I have been on a roasted veggie kick lately and I had the thought floating around in my head: why not roasted banana? (Yes, I do frequently talk to myself).

Banana, honey and almond butter. yum


I made this for breakfast this morning and it was every bit as good as I imagined.

Roasted Banana & Almond Butter Spread:

Recipe inspiration came from here



1 banana cut nearly in half length-wise
drizzle with honey
sprinkle with cinnamon

bake in 350 degree oven for approx 10 minutes

4 Tbs. almond butter
roasted banana
salt

combine almond butter, banana and dash of salt in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Spread generously over Woodstock or other grainy bread.


Enjoy.

amelia

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I realized you had two blogs, glad to have found this one tonight! The kids are going to love these tomorrow for breakfast!
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Wendy! Yes, your kids will love this.:)

    ReplyDelete