Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ode to the parsnip

I was at the grocery store the other day on a mission to try something unusual, exotic even.

Then I spotted the parsnips.

I don't recall eating a parsnip before and I'm not exactly sure how to prepare it.

But, it is a vegetable right? And what have I been doing with vegetables all winter?

I roast them.

oh, yum.:)




You have to try this, it's so good!

Amelia's (exotic) Roasted Vegetable: the parsnip

alternate title: parsnips: the unsung root vegetable


4-5 parsnips chopped

1 tsp. olive oil

1 /2 tsp. cumin

1/2 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. salt


Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until parsnips are well coated with oil/spice mixture.


Spread onto a parchment lined jelly-roll pan and bake at 400 for about 30 turning once halfway through baking time.


Enjoy.

To see where I party go to my linky parties page.



amelia

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,
    Wow, your roasted parsnips look so good, what a great idea for a parsnip. I am going to have to give this recipe a try. Thank you so much for sharing with us here at Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it, I was surprised by how good it was.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound INCREDIBLE!!

    Hoping you might share them at next weeks Seasonal Sunday Event. (http://realsustenance.com/)

    Happy Friday :)

    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, seeings how I usually just boil mine... this sounds MUCH, MUCH better. My oldest child LOVES parsnips--I boil them (to death--she only likes them if they are super soft) and then she eats tons of them. I'm not a huge fan of soggy parsnips, but roasted? for sure going to try. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never cooked parsnips before but this looks like the perfect way to cook them! I'm saving this recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made these this week--sooooooooooo good. :) Linking up to our weekly menu tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete