Wednesday, January 26, 2011

for the birds

I've been thinking of making a bit of birdseed bribery for our feathered friends.

I am not above bribery at all...I have used it for years as a mothering tool ;)

I found a recipe for these cute birdseed ornaments from here.

I'm generally not a very crafty person. But I do like to do some craft time with my boys.




I like pretty things and all things food related (apparently even bird food).

I picked up some heart-shaped cookie cutters at the grocery, most everything else we had in the pantry.

Here is how we made them
.

Bird Seed Ornaments

3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. water
1 envelope unflavored jello
3 Tbs. corn syrup
4 c. bird seed

Mix everything together until evenly coated. Press into muffin tins or cute cookie cutters. Put plastic straws in the top to form a whole for the ribbon to go through.

Let them set for 3-4 hours

Carefully remove them from their molds.
String a pretty ribbon through and hang into the trees in your yard.

Congratulate yourself for being so arty-crafty and for being such a cool Mom. :)

amelia


Go to the linky parties page to see where I'm hangin today.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love to feed the birds just so they hang out by our house and we get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, me too! And they look so pretty hanging from the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute...great idea..I am your newest follower via blog hop..Hop on over to mine when you can..thank you..

    sherry
    http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I plan on making a few of these with my Alie this year. She has a large tree just outside her bedroom window and she just loves to watch the birds.

    I'm following you from the Wandering Wednesday blog hop. :)

    http://alililly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete