Thursday, January 27, 2011

sweets to the sweet


We had my in-laws over for supper last night and I was in the mood to make something sweet.

Spencer is of the mind that if it's not chocolate it's not worth eating.

However, my mother-in-law likes lemon just as much as I do.

So, this is what I made

Lemon bars, yum. :)




(the leaning tower of lemon bars)

I got the recipe from this blog. As soon as I read the recipe I was in love. And their photography...love it!

I was trying to recreate the cool stacked look that they did. But the lemon bars were so gooey they kept sliding off of each other. Then I would stack them back up, lick off my fingers and the plate, take another shot...and start the whole process again.

I was seriously cracking myself up.

Finally, I gave up on getting the "perfect" shot and just settled for the ones you see above.

Too much more "food styling" and my family would have found me in the corner of the living room in a self-induced sugar coma. :)

Here is the recipe--taken from here: just cook already. In fact, you need to just go there, look at their pictures, drool over their recipes and then email them and beg them to let you submit a recipe for their cool site like I did. :)

Lemon Bars

1c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
8 Tbs. lemon juice
zest of one lemon
4 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

cream together butter and sugar then slowly sift in the flour.
Press this into a greased 9x11 pan and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.

In the mean time combine the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl.

When the "crust" comes out of the oven pour the sugar/lemon mixture over it and bake.
They suggested 20-30 minutes.

I baked mine for 27 minutes but next time I will go for a full 30 (so I won't have the gooey problem).

Enjoy.

This dessert was so good even my chocolate lovin' snob of a husband loved it. :)

To see where I party go here.

amelia



13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amelia! I am honored to pass along The Stylish Blog Award to you. You have a great blog. You can pick up your award on my blog.
    Best Wishes,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we go crazy taking pictures of food.It's comical. These lemon bars look great. I think it's time I made lemon bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Miz Helen's Country Cottage, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Award Miz Helen, I feel like a rock star.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to making your lemon bars, they look absolutely delicious!!! They make me dream of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon bars, I actually made some tonight and I can't stop eating them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, I saw these and had to come take a look! LOVE homemade lemon bars and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layered bars and would never have thought of that, cute and creative! Lemon is a staple in my kitchen and I will most definitely be trying this out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh how I love lemon bars! I must try!!!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xx
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tart sweet taste of lemon bars. Just the thing to brighten up any day. Thanks so much for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll be able to join me again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo looks pretty perfect to me...and so do those lemon bars! Thanks for linking up to tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You want to buy packaging sweets in Delhi. so please come to kanwarjis sweets. Kanwarjis is sell packaging sweets in Delhi/Ncr.

    ReplyDelete